Monday, April 28, 2014

Is DIY for You?


I just read this really interesting article on Houzz called "8 Reasons to Jump Off the DIY Bandwagon" (found here). It makes a lot of sense. Everyone on the internet is all about do it yourself and being an original lately. Even I can be guilty of that. However, I agree with them on a lot of points. DIY can get really expensive, and if you don't have a creative bone in your body, why try? I am not trying to say that you shouldn't try if you really want to. Its just that there are times when I know I need something but can't be creative. It is better to buy things and have them come perfect and ready to go. You just need to find the balance.

Take me for example. Yes, I love to create something from scratch, but if I can justify paying for exactly what I need, I will. I have gone to tons of antique stores and found the exact thing I needed for under the price I was willing to pay. I'm supporting local businesses by doing that, and honestly, I love something with a little history to it. Readers, what do you think? Should it be DIY all of the time or do what you can, buy the rest?


Image Map

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...