Monday, March 24, 2014

How to Decorate for an Apartment with Limitations

Like most of you out there, I live in an apartment. I have certain restrictions that I have to follow. Any walls I paint have to be painted back or I can pay a fine. I can't attach any permanent items to my cupboards. I can't paint my cupboards. I can't re-tile my bathroom floor. I have to live with what I agreed to.... Or do I?



Hate the nasty beige carpet in your apartment? Buy an over sized rug and no more beige carpet!

Source
You don't have to hide everything in your cupboards. Show it for the world to see. This kitchen is so cute because it shows off everything.

Source
A great way to add drama and section off your "bedroom" is with curtains. It is also a great way to section off the different rooms.

Source
If you have some room above your bed that you don't know what to do with, add a shelf. Its a great way to decorate and use pictures. Or you can use it instead of a nightstand. 

Source
If you have inset shelves, make them come alive with a little color! You can always use contact paper if you can't paint.
Mirrors are a girls best friend. When placed in a strategic location, such as opposite a window, it can make room look larger.

Source
If you have room, put in some bookshelves and then hide your odds and ends with baskets or boxes. Don't forget to label them though or you might forget what you have in there!

Source
If you are restricted on how many nails you can put into a wall, think about adding shelves instead. You will use less holes than hanging up a picture collage, and it is easier to change out your decorations. Command Hooks are also a great solution for this problem as well.

Source
If you have an exposed sink, cover it with a curtain! Then you can hide more bathroom goodies behind it.

pretty pretty pretty
Source
Can't paint in your apartment? Brighten your bathroom with this color palette. Having a blah bathroom doesn't mean it always has to be blah.

Source
And thats my advice folks. I can't wait to implement some of this in my own apartment. Have a great day!

Image Map


You may also be interested in:

Glass Bottle Makeover
Glass Bottle Makeover
Kate Spade-esk Champagne Sign
Kate Spade-esk Champagne Sign
DIY Key Chain Holder
DIY Key Chain Holder
How To Decorate With Your Graduation Gear
How To Decorate With Your Graduation Gear

2 comments:

  1. A lot of great inspiration here! Nice post! Thanks for following me!! Would love for you to follow me on Instagram as well! xoxoxo Mary

    IG: @LaylonBeauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww you should have put up some pictures of your apartment! Silly...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...