Monday, April 27, 2015

Disney Castle Inspiration


Ok so if you haven't known this about me, I should probably tell you quick. I LOVE Disney. Don't know why, but I'm obsessed. And of course on my bucket list are a lot of Disney inspired check points. One is to see a bunch of the sites that inspired iconic scenes from Disney movies. I know there has to be other Disney nerds out there who want to visit all of them too. So I complied a list and decided I wanted to share it with you all. While most of the scenes are purely inspirational (which proves how creative and imaginative Disney is), I have done a LOT of research and figured out where the physical locations are! I don't have them all listed here, but I do have a lot. I tried to get most of the Disney Princesses in there at least:

Sleeping Beauty Castle
Cinderella Castle
Source
Same castle as above! I can knock two birds with one stone!


Beauty and the Beast (Beast's Castle)
Beast's Castle is based off of Chateau de Chambord in Chambord, Loir-et-cher, France. It is recognizable for its very distinctive French Renaissance Architecture.


Snow White
Source
The little dwarf house in Snow White is based on a suburb in L.A. Everyone thinks its the other way around!


The Princess and the Frog
Source
The La Bouff Mansion is based off of the many gorgeous mansions in the Garden District of New Orleans. Thankfully, I'm from the South so I've covered this one!


Tangled
Source 
The kingdom in Tangled is based off of Mont Saint-Michel Normandy, France.


Frozen
Source
The inspiration for Elsa's Ice Palace actually came from the Ice Hotel (Hotel de Glace) in Canada.


Aladdin
Source
The Sultan's Palace is based off of the Taj Mahal, India. Gorgeous right?


Brave
Source
The kingdom Merida and her family rule over is based off of Dunnottar Castle, located in Aberdeenshire, Scotland.

Technically not castles, but are still worth mentioning:


Mulan
Source
The movie Mulan has so many historical sites. However, I choose the Great Wall of China, which (according to the movie) is why the Mongols attach China! They also used the Imperial City as inspiration for the Imperial City in the movie as well!


Enchanted
Source
Sweet Giselle finds herself tossed down a well and ends up in New York City Times Square. Checked this of the list!


Atlantis: The Lost Empire
Source
This hidden city is loosely based off of Angkor Wat in Siem Rep, Cambodia.


The Emperor's New Groove
Source
Cusco's kingdom and territories are based off of Machu Picchu in Cusco, Peru.


The Hunchback of Notre Dame
Source: One of my own personal pictures!
Known as Disney's darkest movie (and if you watch it, you will see why). It is based off the book which uses this real site! (Check!)


Hercules
Source
There is a scene in the movie where you see a Greek Theatre. This was based on the Ruins of Ancient Greek Proscenium.


Up
Source
The amazing falls Carl and Ellie plan to go to their entire lives are based on Angels Falls in Venezuela.


The Lion King
Source
Mara Conservancy
The Lion King isn't based off a rock they saw on the savannah. It is actually based on many locations in Africe including the Mara Conservancy in Kenya.

Do you have anything to add to the list? If I discover some more, I'll make sure to update it!


Image Map


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...